The inaugural RedPoint Global Customer Conference with an energized, sold-out crowd of attendees sped by way too quickly. Participants packed the Hilton Back Bay hotel mingling with partners, industry experts, and RedPoint subject matter experts. Everyone was motivated by the opportunity to interact, share stories, polish their skills, and solidify relationships.
RedPoint customers leverage our solutions in multiple ways, whether it’s managing client projects or empowering their marketing team to drive better results with fewer customer “touches.” Without our customers, there wouldn’t be a RedPoint. So, it was great to see the enthusiasm that spilled out of the sessions, educational workshops, sponsor showcase, and the Technology Pavilion.
Some key highlights from the conference included:
Dale Renner, Ryan Scott, Dennis Self, and Scott Brinker at the open garden panel discussion on day one of the conference.
- An introduction to our Open Garden Approach – Marketing technology is changing too quickly for companies to get locked into the pre-defined set of solutions that live in a single-vendor suite (aka walled garden or marketing clouds). We introduced conference attendees to the benefits of the “open garden” approach, which allows us to seamlessly interact with any customer engagement or data management solution that our customers use. Our open garden panel on Day One provided a clearer, real-world view into the concept, featuring Ryan Scott, vice president digital operations and innovation for Keurig Green Mountain; Dennis Self, president and general manager of Acxiom Marketing Services; RedPoint Global CEO Dale Renner; and Scott Brinker, founder of ChiefMartec.com and program chair for the MarTech Conference series.
- The sessions and customer stories – We’re tremendously grateful to the customers and partners who spoke at the conference and shared their stories. Our customers make RedPoint what it is, and to have so many willing to present their experiences was illuminating for us and the other attendees. Thank you also to Scott Brinker for providing the keynote on the disruptions reshaping marketing, and to our partner sponsors for sharing in a successful first outing.
- The bowling at Kings Entertainment – Our partner Acxiom co-hosted the fun Thursday evening event at Kings Entertainment, and RedPoint employees and partners mingled with customers for networking and some fantastic bowling. Surprise trophies were handed out at the next morning’s opening sessions to top bowlers from Consumer Reports and Xanterra.
- The official unveiling of our new RedPoint Global brand – We gave conference attendees a sneak peek into the new RedPoint Global logo and the new redpointglobal.com. We’ve always been “RedPoint Global,” but until now our logo didn’t include both words in our name. There are a lot of companies named “RedPoint,” but there is only one RedPoint Global.
Most importantly, attendees gained a window into the future of marketing and digital transformation, in addition to real-time interactions, intelligent orchestration, and the machine learning technologies that are forcing revolutionary shifts in the marketplace. Our goal with the sessions was to showcase the innovations facing marketers and data managers today, and provide some tools for meeting challenges as they came. Attendee feedback said a lot:
- 80 percent said they would return next year
- 75 percent rated the event very good or excellent
- 81 percent were extremely or moderately satisfied with the sessions
Verbatim comments offered more insights on the benefits attendees gained:
- “Loved the lab and would have really liked more hands-on lab time. It was great to see some of the wonderful things people have done and to see examples of folks who have leveraged some of the more advanced tools.”
- “I liked how accessible the staff was and the chance to talk with people outside my industry about how they use RedPoint.”
- “Was helpful for a new user to learn about the capabilities of RedPoint Interaction and RedPoint Data Management. GOOD KEYNOTE!!”
- RedPoint Tech Pavilion: “We were able to get one-on-one time with RedPoint staff that has already proven to be super helpful!”
- Birds-of-a-Feather: “We had a terrific conversation with our table leader at the technical professionals table.”
Thanks again to our partner sponsors – Acxiom, PossibleNow, and KBM Group – and all our attendees for making this first conference experience so special. Planning for next year’s event is well underway for an even bigger and bolder offering. Customers and partners should plan their travel schedules and budgets for a reprise event in late September/early October 2018. More details to come…